This group's focus is the library website.
Share the steps your group took to locate Archer Library website. Tell us something interesting or unique that you found on the site.
1. What are Archer library's Sunday hours?
2. Where is the Instructional Resource Center? What can you do there?
3. Locate Archer Library's News & Information Blog and share a post. How did you find it?
4. Is it possible to reserve a library study room? How?
5. Where is Archer Library's government document collection located?
6. Identify one way you can contact a librarian for help.
This group's focus is library databases.
Share the steps your group took to locate Archer Library's databases. Tell us something interesting or unique about the site.
1. How many databases are available to use?
2. Are new database options easily identified? How?
3. Are you able to sort or manage the database list? How?
4. Locate and identify a database specific to your area of study. What helped you make this selection?
5. Explore Archer library's eBook collection resources. Which of them would benefit your research, and why?
6. Share a way to get help from a librarian on the A to Z page.
This group’s focus is the Library Catalog, Circulation, OhioLINK, & Interlibrary Loan.
Share the steps your group took to locate Archer Library's Circulation & Reserve FAQs and Archer Library's catalog. Tell us something interesting or unique about the each site.
1. What resource do you use to locate books in Archer Library?
2. Using the resource, where would you find the call number for a book, CD, or movie?
3. Where do you check out Archer Library items?
4. What is OhioLINK? How is is used with physical collection items?
5. Where are OhioLINK requests delivered? Is there more than one option?
6. What is interlibrary loan (ILL)? What types of resources can you request and how?
This group’s focus is Archer Library Guides.
Share the steps your group took to locate Archer Library Guides. Tell us something interesting or unique about the site.
1. How many Library Guides are available?
2. Review the list of guides and choose one of interest to you. Which did you select and why?
3. Does this class have a Library Guide? If so, share a resources provided on the page.
4. Is help available on the Library Guide home page? How does it work?
5. Access the library FAQs page from Library Guides. What kind of FAQs are available?
6. Explore the FAQs page further and share a FAQ of interest to you. Why did you select it?
This online scavenger hunt will provide you with opportunity to explore Archer Library resources and learn about what is available to you as an AU student.
Four topics have been identified for this activity: (1) Archer Library Online, (2) Archer Library Research, (3) Archer Library Collections, and (4) Archer Library Guides & FAQs.
Students are encouraged to use their own laptops or mobile devices for this session. Library iPads are available as needed.
Participants will be divided into four groups; the number of students in each group depends on class size.
Each group will be assigned a topic with the responsibility of answering three general questions and five topic specific questions.
When time is up, each group will share their results with the class.
Once the activity is complete, the librarian will provide a tour of Archer Library highlighting all of the areas discussed.
The demonstration will include a general catalog search, requesting an OhioINK book, conducting a database search, and requesting an item using Interlibrary loan. There will be time for questions.
Students will be asked to complete an exit ticket at the conclusion of the session.