Do a quick search in the AU library catalog.
Go to AU Library Catalog
· Uses natural language. Type a word or phrase. .
· With keyword you can search for simply “tumor” or for (tumor OR neoplasm) or for (tumor OR neoplasm) AND children. It can be useful to start with a keyword search and use the results to identify the subject headings.
· Requires specific Library of Congress Subject Headings. The words have to be typed in the exact order used by Library of Congress. You cannot use AND or OR.
Examples of Library of Congress Subject Headings
Ashland University Library is a member of OhioLINK, the state-wide academic library consortium. The OhioLINK catalog includes material from several 2 public library systems, NEOUMED, the Cleveland Clinic, the State Library of Ohio, and most Ohio university & college libraries. You may borrow materials from the OhioLINK catalog and have the material delivered to any of the 90 OhioLINK libraries closer to your home, including OSU Mansfield.
Locate the book you need in the OhioLINK catalog and click on the Request link. Select AU as your institution, type in your name & AU ID number, pick-up institution, and pick-up location. It normally takes 3-4 days for items to arrive at the designated pick-up location. You may return to any OhioLINK library. This service is not used to request articles.
Uses natural language. Type a word or phrase. Use only simple words, not sentences or concepts.
With keyword searches you can use these search tips:
¨ Use AND to limit your search to results that include ALL of the keywords (Ex.- orem AND self-care)
¨ Use OR to expand your search and indicate that you would like results with either term (Ex.-muslim OR islam )
¨ Use * as a wildcard. Tacked on to a root word it retrieves variants. For example: nurs* retrieves articles on nurse, nurses, nursing, etc.
- Use quote marks or parentheses to indicate that you want one or more words in the exact order in which you type them [Ex.-“myocardial infarction” or (myocardial infarction) AND (long-term care)
¨ Try to think of other ways to think of your concept in order to increase your results (Ex.-Rather than looking for articles on “gender” you can try: gender OR sex difference OR male OR female OR men OR women)
· Requires specific Library of Congress Subject Headings. The words have to be typed in the exact order used by Library of Congress. When you see Subject terms in a book record, they are links. Click and you'll find more books on that topic.
Another type of subject search is specific to medical topics. Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) is the U.S. National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary used for indexing articles for MEDLINE/PubMed. The OhioLINK catalog also uses MeSH. See the Articles and Databases tab for more details.
You can renew library books and manage your own library account from a link on the AU Library web site, regardless of where you have OhioLINK books delivered. OhioLINK books can be renewed online, up to four times, as long as another user has not requested the item.
2. Click on # items currently checked out.
3. Select the items you want to renew.
4. Click on "renew selected items."