We use Library of Congress Classification System (not Dewey Decimal system)
- The Library of Congress classification system organizes books by broad subject area.
- Each item is assigned a call number, which is like the book's address.
- Each call number begins with a letter or multiple letters, followed by numbers and additional combinations
- Sample Call Number: RC552.E18 M365 2006
- The beginning letters of a call number represent a broad subject area (ie RC552 is "internal medicine-neuroses")
Most Geman film books start with the letters PN--5th floor of the AU Library.