Starting a PsycINFO Search
- To begin using the PsycINFO database access the Ashland Seminary Library's website: http://seminary.ashland.edu/services/student-services/library
- Locate the "Helpful Links" section and find the section called "Suggested Databases". Click on Launch Databases.
- In the library listing of databases, locate PsycINFO
- In the main screen of PsycINFO you can begin your search with the search bar in the top left hand corner of the screen.
- Please notice that the default search is not with any specification with regard full text or date of publication or language. You will need to change the settings, in order to find a desired article or serial.
Searching By Title
- Access PsycINFO.
- Type search term in the search bar in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
- In the drop down menu, select TI Title.
- You can either click search now or make alterations in the search options box.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR THE SEARCH OPTIONS BOX:
- Be sure to select the desired search mode. This does create a difference in items found.
- Place a check in the box next to Linked Full Text to acquire all full text searches.
- Limit the search criteria by Publication Type from the scroll box, by clicking a specific type.
WANT TO SAVE AN ITEM TO LOOK AT LATER DURING YOUR SEARCH?
- To save an item for later, place it in the folder by clicking the icon add to folder.
- To retrieve it later, click Folder at the top right of the page.
Tip: It is better to start with a broad search and then narrow results, rather then the other way around.
- PsycINFO has many search options that are specific to subject area and study.
- Some common categories are:
Population Groups: Male or Female
Animal or Human
Inpatient or Outpatient
Age Groups: Childhood with subcategories
Adulthood with subcategories, etc.
- All of these can be found in the Search Options Section